Eliot believes that health care is a right, not a privilege, and that every American must have access to quality, affordable health care. As a member of the Health Subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee he is a leader in fighting for health care for all:
- He is an original co-sponsor of the MEDICARE FOR ALL ACT and is a founding member of the Congressional Medicare for All Caucus.
- Led his colleagues in a successful fight to repeal cruel cuts to Medicaid DHS.
- Eliot worked to make the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (Obamacare) law. 100,000 people in our Congressional District now have health care coverage because of the law.
- Voted for the STRENGTHENING HEALTH CARE AND LOWERING PRESCRIPTION DRUG LAWS ACT, passed by the House in May 2019.
- He sponsored the PROTECTING PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS & MAKING HEALTH CARE MORE AFFORDABLE ACT.
- Eliot continues to take action to stop billions in cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, the Center for Disease Control, and our other critical health care services.
Eliot says, “It’s time. In fact, it’s long past time that we finally provided truly universal, comprehensive medical coverage to every American. Health care is a human right, not a privilege reserved for a wealthy few.”